March 28, 2009
So, I am still allergic to raw fruit. I didn't have a reason to think I wasn't still allergic, but I thought I would just check. Dan was eating an apple and it smelled SO good so I just took a tiny little bite. Now my throat and tongue are itchy and I have hives on my lips. : (
Posted by jujio at March 28, 2009 1:58 PM
No good. Is it only raw fruit? could you have like an apple pie or something?
Only raw fruit, luckily. Apple pie is fine! : )
Wow. I wonder what happens to the fruit as it gets cooked that would make you not allergic. Did Dan wash the apple before eating it?
Yeah, it was washed and it wasn't just that one apple. Here's an explanation: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oral_allergy_syndrome